Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Quick Recommendation

I recently tried Muir Glen Organic Fire Roasted Tomatoes. They are delicious! Despite being a canned tomato, they have a fresh taste. The fire roasting adds a bit of smokiness, but mostly a depth and complexity of flavor. The first dish I prepared was a chicken and white bean soup, with a touch of pesto. Yummy. I wish I had found them prior to making up my last batch of tortilla soup, because they would be perfect in that. Next time...

Here in the U.S. Whole Foods Markets is one of the store chains that carries the Muir Glen line. You can find other supermarkets by searching the Muir Glen website. They are more expensive than store brand, conventional canned tomatoes, but I think they are well worth it. They are so good, I’ve promoted them to the status of “pantry staple”! I hope they are easy for you to find.

2 comments:

SoulPony said...

i checked. they don't have them here. sounds good though. we will get up to date someday.

Pink Granite said...

Hi Tonya -
Bummer!
I know Kroger's carries some of the Muir Glen line. Hopefully they'll get the fire roasted tomatoes soon!
;o)
- Lee