Pages

Monday, October 29, 2007

Thanks Guys

There’s just one teensy, weensy problem with the Red Sox having won the World Series last night. Tonight, there is no baseball to watch, no beloved Red Sox to root for.

I’ll let the enormity of that sink in.

Yes, tomorrow there will be a Rolling Celebration, complete with Duck Boats. But the guys won’t be playing any baseball until Spring Training 2008.

I know the players and the entire organization have worked hard since last spring. I know they deserve some time off, a nice vacation, the opportunity to bask in the glow of the 2007 World Series. OK. So maybe in a week or two they could just get together at Fenway Park and play a little baseball. OK. Maybe three weeks. That’d be good too.

Sigh...

In the 122 days or so until Spring Training, I’ll try to gain some patience. I’ll try to embrace the whole Hot Stove thing. I’ll try not to freak out over every rumor, over every free agent. I’ll try to watch the Patriots win and not let my blood pressure spike every time they show Belichick on the sidelines. I’ll try to enjoy the Super Bowl. But even if some guy makes snow angels in the end zone, it won’t be nearly as good as any old game at Fenway. That’s just the truth.

Thanks guys. You all totally rocked. Enjoy your time off and we’ll see you ALL next spring.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Congratulations on your team's win :)

Pink Granite said...

Thanks Felicia!
It's been such a lot of fun this season. The World Series win was a giant cherry on top!
;o)
- Lee