Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Tonight:
- I will not be wearing the tiger costume each of my sisters and I wore in turn as children.
- I will not be having my Mom draw whiskers on my face so I can look like a tiger.
- I will not being eating the pumpkin shaped pancakes that my Dad made for us every Halloween, before we went out trick-or-treating.
- I will not be carrying the orange plastic pumpkin with the jack-o-lantern face to collect my treats in door to door.
- I will not be coming home to sort my candy on the living room floor.
- I will not being doing any of these things, but I will be remembering them all fondly.
All treats, no tricks...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh what a shame, I'd love to hape a proper american-style halloween one day.

Pink Granite said...

Hi DMM -
Until I read your blog and this comment, I didn't realize there were such differences in how Halloween was celebrated in countries like yours and mine "born of the crown" as it were.
These days, Halloween is very different from when I was a kid. Now it's more commercial, more exterior decorations and more worries about kids coming to harm.
I hope your wish comes true and is filled with all the best parts of the holiday!
;o)
- Lee