Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2007

The Trail

Sometimes, someone blazes a trail for you.

I owe a debt of gratitude not only to my parents and grandparents who physically held my hand, but to all of my ancestors who never even knew me. They worked cradle to grave to make a way in this world, not just for their families, but for all of us to come. I’m indebted to my two older sisters, Karen and Gail, who marked the trails they blazed, so I could choose where to follow. I owe Mrs. Farley, my third grade teacher, who made me believe in me. I'm grateful for my husband Chuck, for holding my hand, sometimes leading, sometimes following, but always being there beside me. So many people have made my way in this world a little easier.

If you have places to go in this world, you may not have to find your own way through the wilderness. Someone may have already cleared the way, left blaze marks and signposts along the trail.

If you have places to go in this world, you may not have to go there alone. There may be others who want to share the journey with you.

If you have places to go in this world, and they are all your own, mark the trail you are carving out of the wilderness. Someone else may want to follow in your footsteps.

Sometimes, someone blazes a trail for you.

Sometimes, you blaze your own trail.

What trail are you on?

Who are you grateful to?

No comments: