Pages

Sunday, December 3, 2006

Happy Feet

No, not the new animated film - honest to goodness happy feet! When I was in college, more than a quarter century ago, (typing that last phrase I suddenly feel woozy and lightheaded... ) I had a pair of multi-colored striped socks. Whenever I put them on I felt chipper. Last fall, we were up at the L.L. Bean flagship store in Freeport, Maine when I spotted a pair of Smartwool striped socks. I smiled. Chuck smiled. We bought them. And since then we have purchased several more pairs! The great thing is that not only do I always feel in better spirits when I slip them on, but they keep my feet toasty warm in winter and surprisingly cool in summer. Plus, they are machine wash and dry and they never feel itchy or scratchy. Now that it looks and feels as if winter is settling in for the duration, I wanted to share this unsolicited testimonial with all of you living in northern climes. Be well and keep warm!

No comments: