Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

My Neighbor

Back in 2007 I was Blog Logged by Worcester Magazine. It was a really big deal for me. In that same issue, a fellow named Jeff, from a blog called Wormtown Taxi was also Blog Logged. So I stopped by Jeff’s blog, introduced myself as his “neighbor” from Blog Log and was hooked. The dude is funny, interesting, feisty, honest and one of the most prolific bloggers around. I generally post once a day. Jeff posts once an hour. Well, I exaggerate slightly. But he posts a lot. Jeff (most deservedly) won the 2010 Best Local Blog Award from Worcester Magazine.

Today, Jeff told us he has been diagnosed with stage IV melanoma. He and his wife Kathy have been dealt a ferociously hard blow. Jeff will begin chemotherapy in a few days.

I’d like to echo what the gal behind Sprout Flowers in Worcester said when Jeff wrote about the diagnostic process he was going through:
“Mortality Sucks”

Thanks for holding a good thought for Jeff and Kathy.

No comments: