Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Just Under The Wire

Last April, I mentioned we were working on a project. We were lowering the crown on our unpaved driveway. The heat, humidity and bugs of summer halted progress and kept me from the project for months. I had anticipated the hiatus might last until after the first hard frost. But yesterday and today I dug and moved and raked and leveled the remaining part of the driveway. Heavens to Murgatroyd I am achey but very pleased with the results! The “reward” at the end of each day’s efforts was when Chuck came out and directed me as I drove our Subaru Outback back and forth; up and down over the area I had worked on. We thought of it as a giant lawn roller! I’m hoping that we have enough rain and warm weather remaining in the season to let the work settle the rest of the way. The sections we did in the spring have held up well, so we’re keeping our fingers crossed for more of the same.

Now I’m off to take some Arnica Montana and acetaminophen...

2 comments:

purpleronnie said...

Well done you!! Just walking to the shop knackers me out!!! Again - you're an inspiration!

Pink Granite said...

Hi Ronnie -
Thanks!
But in the interest of full disclosure, I did not provide a video of me red in the face; huffing and puffing; moaning and groaning as I worked!!!
It was pretty fun though!
;o)
- Lee