Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Dear Senator McCain,

Thank you.
I once thought you were a pretty good guy.
But over the last several months of the presidential campaign, your actions and the actions of your staff have deeply offended me.
Sometimes I have felt enraged. Always I have felt dismayed.
Tonight, I watched you begin to rein in your supporters at a town hall meeting in Minnesota.
Tonight, I listened carefully as you spoke more respectfully of Senator Obama.
Tonight, I caught a glimpse of your humanity.
Thank you.

Now you need to take control of your Vice Presidential running mate, your family, your campaign staff and the Big Republican Machine.

Remember Senator:

“The hardest thing about any political campaign is how to win without proving that you are unworthy of winning.”
- Adlai E. Stevenson (1900 - 1965)

No comments: