This isn’t a meme, although feel free to turn it into one. I just felt like listing a few things that make me smile, feel happy and content. I decided to call it “Part One” because I enjoyed the process!
1. Sunshine. This one may seen like a “well-duh”! While I don’t suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) I do notice that on sunny days I have more get up and go and feel generally more chipper.
2. Our salt lamps from this company. They cast such a warm, cozy, homey glow. I don’t buy into all the purported health claims, but they never fail to make me feel good.
3. These inexpensive Grönö lamps from IKEA. (Do you sense a theme emerging here?) When I complete a mini-hack of this, I’ll post it. Just typing that sentence should get me off the the dime to finish it!
4. Flannel Sheets. Preferably Portuguese flannel. I love slipping in between them not just in winter, but year round. Yes they really are warm in winter, cool in summer. Here’s one excellent example.
5. Laughing, laughter and making other people laugh. O.K. perhaps this is another “well-duh”, but I do take great delight in laughing with friends and family. I take special pleasure when I can make someone close to me, like Chuck, my Mom, my sisters or my nieces and nephews laugh. Laughter is one of my top three responses in any situation. I’m not a Three Stooges/pratfall/whoopie cushion kind of gal, but if there is a way to inject a little socially appropriate levity into a stressful situation I’m there!