Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Flotsam, Jetsam and 100

This past week or so has been filled with so many things bubbling up in our little world. Some of them I’ve posted about here. Some have been emotionally complicated. Some have been mathematically and financially complicated. (Holy crap on a crutch! I only thought I had written the last check for the accident!) Good news, frustrating news, bad news - all flowing in as part of the flotsam and jetsam of living a life.

We can’t always control what flows in. We can make choices about how we react or respond. We can make choices about who we hold close to us in our circle of friends and family. We can do all we can to keep a sense of groundedness and balance in our lives, so that when a particularly big wave of unexpected “stuff” requiring our attention pours in, we have a solid place to stand and brace ourselves. Sometimes, especially with big, celebratory news, we have to just go with the wave, ride it, surf it, let ourselves be carried off by the joy of it - laundry and dishes be damned! And other times, when we are awash with bad news, we go quiet, listen, learn what we can and navigate a way through.

Right now, I’m taking a deep breath. I’m remembering that flotsam and jetsam used to refer only to things of value. I’m looking over what’s flowed in, and, for the moment, focusing only on the treasure. One of those treasures is that this is my 100th post. I have "met" some really neat people through this blog and had some wonderful experiences as a result of it. Thank you...

No comments: