Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

It’s A Wonderful Life

It’s my favorite movie of all time. It always will be. All the great directors, writers and cinematographers that have ever lived could collaborate to create a film together and it wouldn’t hold a candle to “It’s A Wonderful Life”. I watch it every year, at least once (I own a copy). Every year I discover something new or understand some aspect of it in a new way. It’s perfect. I laugh; I cry; my blood boils at Mr. Potter; my heart melts when George and Mary embrace over the telephone and again when they are reunited on the stairs with their children. The final scene is the best happy ending ever. Ever. Some members of my family don’t understand its magic. They need to watch it, start to finish, without commercials and give themselves over to it - no distractions, save perhaps popcorn or eggnog. I’m certain that’s all it will take. ;o)

Wishing you a very
Merry Christmas!



Image courtesy of Karen’s Whimsy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

No amount of eggnog, spiked or otherwise, will convince me that I'ts a Wonderful Life is a even a good movie. As you say, I have never liked it and never will.

Give Harry Potter another chance, grab your popcorn and eggnog.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

GG

Pink Granite said...

Hi Gail -
LOL!
I didn't know you were one of the members of the family who doesn't like "It's A Wonderful Life"!
The numbers grow larger!

Merry Christmas!
;o)
- Lee