Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Senator Coakley


Yes I was underwhelmed by all the candidates before the primary and I wasn’t alone in that. But push has come to shove. The Massachusetts Senate Election is Tuesday. I’ll be voting for Martha Coakley.

Lord knows I could never pull the lever for Scott Brown. According to his own issues page, he’s planning to vote against the health insurance and healthcare legislation - and it’s not because it doesn’t include a sufficiently robust Public Option! Brown defends waterboarding, saying it isn’t torture. And, in my opinion, doesn’t have enough faith in our legal system and our Constitution to endorse the prosecution of terrorists in our own courts. Even though we have been doing that successfully since the first World Trade Center Bombing in 1993.

Have I wrapped my mind and heart around the fact that Martha Coakley is not Ted Kennedy? No. But Senator Kennedy became the Liberal Lion of the Senate over time. Now it’s Martha Coakley’s time to start to walk down that same path.

No comments: