Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hold The Lemons Please!

Things have gotten a little busy around here. All is well, but I am feeling distracted and somewhat off track. My To-Do list grows longer despite a respectable number of cross outs and tomorrow looks to be more of the same. Mostly it’s life’s hiccups intervening. For example, overnight the freezer partially defrosted. We somehow managed to leave the freezer door slightly ajar. Because it had to have happened just before we walked out of the kitchen for the last time and headed off to bed (upstairs at the opposite end of the house), we never heard the beeping alarm. We were very fortunate in that not too much was a total loss, even though the compost pile did get a sizable donation. And when we found the frozen fruit had defrosted but was still crunchy cold, I made smoothies for breakfast. Boy, that sounds a lot like “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade”, but it is what happened!


P.S. I know I’ve been remiss in responding to comments. I love being part of the conversation, so I look forward to catching up soon!

3 comments:

Ms Brown Mouse said...

bloody real life, it's playing havoc with my virtual life too.
I made lemon curd at the weekend :)

Sue said...

I love this, sure you'll reap the rewards in your garden soon! Hope the smoothies were good, I could do with one of 'em now...

Sue x

Pink Granite said...

Hi DMM -
Somehow lemon curd from lemons seems far more elegant-swelegant!
;o)


Hi Sue -
Our compost pile is very happy!
Smoothies are a summer staple around here. Wish I could upload one for you!
;o)