Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Quick Report

I’m not exactly sure where today went. It was all a bit of a blur. But I do want to report that the weather prophets are continuing to say that Thursday we will turn the corner on this hazy, hot and humid icky-stickiness we have been experiencing. Come on Thursday!

I also must report that Kate turned us on to fully cooked, grilled chicken strips from Trader Joe’s. She incorporated them into her Fajita Bar the other night and they were delicious. So tonight I made a quick reduction of some sherry, balsamic vinegar and orange juice. I added a drizzle of olive oil, some black pepper, a little crushed garlic and a splash of Frank’s hot sauce. When there was barely any liquid on the bottom of the pan I tossed in the TJ’s chicken strips, stirred them to coat, covered the pan and turned off the heat. Meanwhile, I made a couple of big tossed salads and topped them with the chicken strips. Chuck and I both loved it and the bonus was I barely added any heat from cooking to the kitchen. Yay!

5 comments:

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Delish, and glad to read that humidity is toning down - a little bit is good for the nose (and hair curls) but too much just leaves one limp.

Kate said...

Trader Joes is the best!
Those chicken strips are also great cold over a salad for a good, non- cooking, no-heating dinner in the summer.

Pink Granite said...

Hi DMM -
Limp is a good word for it. So is wilt!
;o)
- Lee


Hi Kate -
I couldn't agree more about Trader Joe's. And today we took Nana in for her second visit. I think she liked it much better.
The strips tasted great cold. I just couldn't resist playing with them a little bit!
Thanks so much for clueing us in...
;o)
- A.L.

Wendy said...

hmm sounds nice. we have those at Sainsburys here in the Uk so may give your reduction a whirl.
PS what is a fajita bar?
xxx
Wendy

the Provident Woman said...

That sounds so yummy! I'm hungry now.