Pages

Friday, January 2, 2009

Nifty Gizmo

I don’t wear a lot of jewelry. I’m not a glammy, blingy kind of gal. I do wear some favorite jewelry around the clock. But sometimes I like to wear an interesting pin. The problem is that I don’t like pushing the pins through the fabric, risking damage. Several years ago, I discovered a nifty gizmo called MagnaPin. It’s a two piece magnet. You slide one side onto your bar style pin back and the other magnet goes on the inside of your garment. The magnets snap together and your pin is held in place beautifully, with no harm to even delicate fabrics. But the MagnaPin is sufficiently strong to work on pretty heavy fabrics. The only problem I’ve encountered is that the magnet part which you slide onto the pin, requires you to be patient and apply steady, gentle pressure. You can purchase one online directly from MagnaPin or from QVC and other retailers.

4 comments:

Ms Brown Mouse said...

That is such a nifty wee doodad, I think my mum would love it (me, I just stab holes in things!)

Pink Granite said...

Hi DMM -
I hope she finds it as useful as I do!
I used to "stab away" until I ruined a blouse. That made me so cross I swore off pins for ages!
;o)
- Lee

Sue said...

That's really clever!! I need to keep my eyes open for one of them...

Pink Granite said...

Hi Sue -
They really are so handy!
;o)
- Lee