Spent the better part of today trying to figure out what projects I could accomplish in the air conditioned bedroom:
- Sewed on a pocket button
- Folded laundry
- Discovered “Grain” in Photoshop Elements as I digi-scrapped on the laptop
- Talked with my Mom when she called me from the casino in Connecticut
- Watched/listened as the Red Sox beat the Twins 18 - 5
- Paid bills on line
- Watched Masterpiece Theater’s Inspector Lewis with Chuck
- Ripped the seams on an old pair of Chuck’s shorts for a new project
- Called L.L. Bean to see if they had any new shorts for Chuck
Was not able to clean the sink, toilet, tub and the rest of the bathroom from the bedroom
Was not able to prepare meals in the bedroom
Was not ---- well, you get the idea...
I wish I could just roll with this heat and humidity. I wish I knew how to relish the steamy, thick textured summer air; the afternoon thunderstorms that roll in from New York, across the Berkshires and into Worcester County. I wish I could sit on the front porch with a cold drink, a good book and not be aware of the little bead of sweat forming on my upper lip, even as I sit in a state of complete torpor. I wish I did not wish for so much to change with that which I cannot change.
But this can always cheer me up...