Pages

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Hazy, Hot & Humid

Hi -
I’m tired and hot and soooo very close to whining that I should not be typing and certainly not allowed to post!
The meteorologists say tomorrow will be the last really miserable day. Then it will become less humid, but still hot.
I am not a happy camper.
What’s that you say? Where’s my “Attitude of Gratitude”?
I don’t know.
I will look for it in my air conditioned bedroom, as I lie on the bed, in front of the fan, which gently moves the cool, conditioned air around the room.
I believe that Willis Haviland Carrier (1876 - 1950) was both an inventor and a hero and should be canonized. As I once wrote: “I’d light a candle in his honor, but it’s just too freakin’ hot!”
Ahhhh....
I think I just felt a little A.O.G. wash over me.
Yup...
That’s better.
;o)
Lee
P.S. To all my lovely, loyal readers in the Southern Hemisphere, please feel free to upload cool thoughts and cool weather. I will be happy to share what we have with you. Thank you!

4 comments:

purpleronnie said...

Sending our chilly weather your way... Catch it! Ok I'll hold back on the torrential rains we've been having for 7 days straight - that you don't want I'm sure.
Trying to channel some hot air from you... aaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Pink Granite said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
<);o)
- Lee

Ms Brown Mouse said...

Well the temp this morning was down to a single figure - first time I've spotted it (9.8 degrees but still) - I actually wore my jacket for the entire walk to work!
A brrrrrr or to heading your way :)

Pink Granite said...

Hi DMM -
Thanks so much for the Brrrrrrr!
Today was actually much drier, but in the mid to upper 80s (@ 30 C). So I appreciate the 9.8 C (@ 50 F)!
;o)
- Lee