Last year, I wrote and posted this piece. My feelings have not changed. I believe it bears repeating, perhaps even more so because we are in the midst of a United States presidential election year. The next president will most likely be involved in appointing a judge to the U.S. Supreme Court. The Supreme Court is key to this issue.
Today is the 35th anniversary of the United States Supreme Court Decision known as Roe v. Wade.
In light of this anniversary I have a few wishes to state:
- I wish, that from this moment on, no woman would ever have to make the decision to have an abortion.
- I wish contraceptives, including the morning after pill, would always be readily available to all women.
- I wish that all young people would be taught age appropriate sex and health education.
- I wish that all young people would be taught that abstinence is a legitimate choice, at the same time they get clear information about all forms of contraception.
- And I wish that abortion would always be safe and legal and available to all women.