Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It Wasn’t A Root Canal

It was just an appointment to replace a very old filling in an upper molar. Part of the presenting problem was an errant bit of filling bothering the gum - rather like glue squished out between two boards, it was outboard of the tooth. But the job took a little longer than expected. The dentist did a great job with the Novacaine (enough to feel no pain, but not so much that half your face goes numb), but as the afternoon wore on and the Novacaine wore off, the interested quadrant of my mouth began to throb. So acetaminophen and naproxen sodium were rustled up and I’m feeling much better.

2 comments:

Ms Brown Mouse said...

O poor you, and yet, not so bad really, was it?
virtual hug though, the dentist is never fun.

Pink Granite said...

Thank you DMM!
Two days later it is still bothering me. I fear a call to the dentist is in my not too distant future...
;o(