Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Much Better

After a solid night’s sleep, waking to sunshine in the morning was a big lift to my spirits. Finding encouraging comments waiting for me in my e-mail put a veritable spring in my step. I thank you for that. I also managed to get to a sewing project today. Not unlike last year when I created a bag for us to use on short hikes, today I made a little case for our iPod to go in. I still need to find a piece of velcro to close the flap with, but it’s pretty good. I love working out the design and the process as I go along. Which, since I don’t love following recipes and patterns always feel as if they slow me down, winging it suits me just fine. Mind you, I really dislike ripping seams. Even when I use a lovely seam ripper like this one which I bought from Cynthia a couple of years ago on eBay. Happily, today I did not need to employ that beauty even once! All in all, a good day.

3 comments:

Roo said...

Hurrah - just caught up, glad to see you are on the mend ;o) I like the ipod snood ;o)

Wendy said...

fabulous!

Pink Granite said...

Hi Roo & Wendy -
Thank you!
I forgot to mention that I used part of an old pair of jeans, Chuck's old corduroys and some plaid fabric I had on hand to pull the case all together.
;o)
- Lee