Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Hello Blog! I Really Have Missed You!

For the last few months I have been unable to get Pink Granite to reliably load as a webpage. I Googled around and tried all sorts of tweaks to troubleshoot it, but nothing helped. The last thing I tried was deleting some of the items in the sidebar, especially one called a “blinky” which rotated images. But no joy. Then tonight I was going to Tweet out a distress call over on Twitter to see if anyone could diagnose the problem. I came over here to copy the URL and poof - the blog loaded right away!

So while the Blog Gods are smiling on me let me say how much I missed being able to gather my thoughts and post them here. I’m on Twitter, which I love despite a recent “hiccup” - more on that soon. And I’m on Facebook which I don’t love. I’m also on Happier - more on that too. But despite my addiction to expressing myself in 140 characters or less on Twitter, nothing beats the time and space to construct an entire paragraph - or five - and post them here.

When I first began this blog in 2006 I assumed I would be off in a little corner of the internet, pretty much all alone with my private thoughts being quietly made public. But soon I “met” lots of people. Both the local members of the Worcester Blogging Community and folks from all corners of the world, some of whom I am humbled and grateful to call my friends.

So here’s an early Happy Blogiversary to Pink Granite!

And now I must figure out what I need to offer up to the Ethereal Gods of the Blogosphere - perhaps a snazzy thumb drive or maybe reams of binary code printed out on green and white lined paper via a dot matrix printer, then burned as a symbol of my commitment to all things digital?

No comments: