Pages

Sunday, November 26, 2006

He's Such a Good Egg

Yesterday, on a chilly but sunny November Saturday morning, my husband Chuck (Wonder Hubby/Hero/BFF) drove over to buy organic eggs direct from the farm. He left me to keep sleeping in our warm bed. He figured that after the week that was I could use the rest. After the week that was, he needed the rest as well, but that's the kind of guy he is. We both love taking care of each other. Saturday morning that meant he was happy to drive in a cold car, listening to NPR on the radio, as he traveled one town over to the farm store. Now we have a good supply of farm fresh eggs, and I can make him happy by preparing flavorful, nourishing meals for us both.
A few years ago, someone asked us to describe our marriage. We said that we work hard at our marriage, but it never feels like hard work. Yes, I am grateful.

No comments: