Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Holiday Flashback

There are a few things in this world that you can only find at the Vermont Country Store. We’ve visited there once and have ordered a variety of items over the years. Today I received an e-mail from them which gave me a holiday flashback.

My maternal grandparents, Gagee and Gramps, had some holiday decorations that I loved. One standout was the cardboard “brick” fireplace with the little lightbulb mimicking the flickering flames of the logs. Another was the tiny Caroler Candles. Yes, they are odd and cheesy and, in 2011, decidedly kitsch. That’s what memories are made of! Gagee had the Thanksgiving Pilgrims with Turkey candles as well. So cute, so silly and so much of another era.

What I wouldn’t give for one more holiday with Gagee and Gramps, back at their home on Taft Street...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too!!!!!!!!

Gail

Pink Granite said...

That would be so great!