Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Above Us All


Driving home tonight, not all that long after darkness had fallen, I watched the moon glide in and out of clouds. Sometimes it was just a diffuse glow behind thick cotton, then, free of all obstructions, stark and vivid against a black sky. Occasionally, it was surrounded by a halo, a creamy gossamer ice ring on this crisp autumn night. When we arrived home I reached for the camera. Chuck kindly brought me my walking stick so that I could use it as an improvised monopod. The moon is nearly, but still not quite full. No matter. It’s there. It’s above us all, reflecting, influencing, guiding and it’s beautiful.

6 comments:

Ms Brown Mouse said...

I love the moon. Thank you for the picture.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous

Gail

Irene said...

Beautiful! I also love moon pictures.

Wendy said...

I just love the moon its so ethereal and other worldly
xx

Pink Granite said...

Hi All -
I'm delighted you all liked the photo!
;o)
- Lee

Sue said...

I love the moon as does Jake. Before Jake goes to bed, we always look out the window to see the moon. From when he was tiny, I used to recite the little verse "I see the moon and the moon sees me, God bless the moon and God bless me". I love the fact that no matter where you are in the world, it's there.