Pages

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Get “Trophy” To Our Troops

Tonight, both the NBC Nightly News and MSNBC’s Countdown With Keith Olbermann, ran a report by Lisa Myers. It was a follow up to a report last September about a defense system called “Trophy”. Trophy is designed to shoot down rocket propelled grenades (RPGs). I’m no expert, but it certainly sounds as if Trophy should be used by our forces over in Iraq and Afghanistan. It appears as if Trophy is being blocked in a tussle over turf between the U.S. Army and the Pentagon’s Office of Force Transformation, with money at the heart of it.

I opposed our going to Iraq. I don’t want to see an escalation. I don’t know how to stop the violence over there. I don’t know how to save innocent Iraqis from further chaos and bloodshed. I do want our brave and patriotic troops on the ground to have everything they need to come home alive and whole.

Read the report. Do some more research. Then contact your Senators and Congressional Representative. Need to know who and how? Go to Project Vote Smart and enter your nine digit zip code in the box on the upper left, or click on "Current Officials" on the top red bar.

No comments: